3232 North 20th Street Phoenix
Every Wednesday except holidays.
Pregnancy and motherhood is a sacred time for the expectant mother to focus on the overall health and nurturing of her body and the life of her baby. One of the best things a mother can do for herself, and for her growing baby, is yoga. Yoga keeps the ever-changing pregnant body strong and flexible, at a time when it will contend with additional weight and increasing hormone levels.
The class will meet the physical and emotional health concerns that arise during pregnancy. Throughout the class, breathing techniques and creative visualization techniques are incorporated, which will prove to be powerful allies during labor and delivery.
Prenatal yoga benefits:
- Reducing stress by learning breathing techniques
- Assisting the ever-changing pregnant body to stay strong and flexible
- Relieving fatigue, backache, headache, insomnia, digestive disorders and sciatica
- Increasing circulation (more nutrients to your baby!) and build overall strength and stamina
- Focusing on poses that are known to assist with preparation for childbirth
- Helping to create a sense of balance, perspective, confidence and joy